Before you can begin interacting with our API, you first need to create a Sendcloud account and complete basic account setup.
- Follow the steps in Getting started with Sendcloud to set up your account and add an invoice and a sender address.
- Enable some carriers in your Sendcloud account
- Connect a direct carrier contract (Optional)
How to create your API keys
- Login to your Sendcloud account and go to Integrations
- Find Sendcloud API in the list of integrations and click Connect
- Enter a name for the API integration and click Save
- An API Public and Secret Key will be automatically generated
- Your username when authenticating with the API is your Public Key, and your password is your Secret Key
Integrating with Sendcloud APIs
You can integrate with our APIs in various ways, depending on your specific needs. Sendcloud provides plug-and-play integrations with 50+ of the most popular e-commerce systems.
If you’re looking to automate your current workflow, then our APIs provide you access to our core shipping products and features that are normally available through our UI interface (Sendcloud panel).
The fastest way to begin testing and experimenting with our APIs is to grab one of our Postman collections. If you’re new to Postman, you can read the relevant guides on how to set it up and start developing with Sendcloud APIs in a matter of minutes!
If you’re new to Sendcloud, or to REST APIs, here you can find some step-by-step tutorials to help get you started:
- Learn how to make an API call to create your first parcel
- Retrieve and compare rates across an extensive list of shipping methods
- Update a parcel with your preferred method and create your first shipping label
- Create a return parcel from anywhere in the world through the Returns API
- Track the status of your parcel via our Tracking API
Need a little help?
We’re here to support you with any questions you might have about our APIs, or otherwise.
The easiest way to get in touch with us is to Create a support ticket directly from your Sendcloud account
You can contact us via phone during our office opening hours. You’ll find the number to call in the Support section of your Sendcloud panel.
🗨 Live chat
Chat directly with one our Customer Care Representatives by clicking the live chat button in the botton right corner of your Sendcloud panel. Only available during opening hours.